|THE ITIL FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE IN IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT|
Duration 15 Hrs., Rs 5000/-
The purpose of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to certify that the candidate has gained knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management. The ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is not intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the ITIL practices for Service Management without further guidance.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management.
This official ITIL Foundation certification course provides you with a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle which is outlined in ITIL’s five core books – Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. ITIL’s “service lifecycle” consists of 26 processes and four functions. These include:
|Service Lifecycle Stage||Processes & Functions|
|Service Strategy||Strategy Management For IT Services, Service Portfolio Management, Business Relationship Management, Financial Management For IT Services, Demand Management|
|Service Design||Design Coordination, Service Catalog Management, Service Level Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Supplier Management|
|Service Transition||Transition Planning & Support, Change Management, Service Asset & Configuration Management, Release & Deployment Management, Service Validation & Testing, Change Evaluation, Knowledge Management|
|Service Operation||Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management, Access Management, and the functions of: IT Operations, Technical Management, Application Management, Service Desk|
|Continual Service Improvement||Seven-Step Improvement Process|
The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL and enables you to understand how an integrated ITSM framework can be utilized to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity. The agenda includes:
- What is ITIL; its strategic and operational benefits; and an overview of ITIL’s certification program
- ITIL’s key concepts, definitions and objectives
- ITIL’s “service-driven lifecycle” approach, and the structure, components and processes and functions of the five core ITIL books. For each of the five core books and the related processes and functions, the course provides:
- A high level description of the main activities, goals and benefits
- Process interrelationships and interdependencies, what “process integration” and “business integration” really mean
- Key metrics and management reporting
The course prepares you for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. This certification is the prerequisite for the Intermediate and Expert levels of ITIL certification.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
ITIL Foundation is suitable for anyone working in IT services requiring more information about the ITIL best practice framework.
There are no mandatory prerequisites, however it is recommended that you read through the ITIL Foundation syllabus prior to the start of the course. Work experience in IT services is recommended.
EXAM, CERTIFICATION & AWARDS
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management. A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is scheduled on the last day of the course, and is administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online. A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. A sample exam is delivered during the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
- 2 ITIL credits
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers